House Republicans promised a makeover after Americans rejected their party in November – but who knew they were just going to get uglier?
An honored guest of House Republicans at the State of the Union address was Ted Nugent, who once threatened the President's life, equated feminists to "a fat pig who doesn't get it often enough" and called the President's supporters "pimps and whores."
- Nugent on President Obama's supporters: "Pimps whores & welfare brats & their soulless supporters have a president to destroy America." [@TedNugent, 11/7/12]
- Nugent on women: "What's a feminist anyways? A fat pig who doesn't get it often enough?" [VH1, Behind the Music Remastered: Ted Nugent, 1/30/12]
- Nugent on President Obama: "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year." [Washington Post, 4/17/12]
- Nugent on African-Americans: "See, I'm a black Jew at a Nazi-Klan rally ... because I have the audacity to speak the truth to identify the violations of our government." [Christian Science Monitor, 4/18/12]
- Nugent on the Civil War: "Because our legislative, judicial and executive branches of government hold the 10th Amendment in contempt, I'm beginning to wonder if it would have been best had the South won the Civil War. Our Founding Fathers' concept of limited government is dead." [Washington Times, 7/6/12]
- Nugent on undocumented immigrants: "I'd like to shoot them dead." [Fox News, Hannity and Colmes, 10/13/08]